The purpose of Missions it to help create awareness of global missions while supporting those who serve in missions through prayer, encouragement, and financial giving. The role of Missions also serves to provide opportunities for short-term service trips as well as build up the younger generations that may feel God's calling into a life of missionary work.
One simple and essential way to express missional passion is through financial support. Nazarene Missions International has designed a multitude of opportunities to support mission workers and meet human needs around the world through resource sharing. Nazarenes around the world are generously sharing their resources to expand Christ's kingdom on earth! Click here to give to missions.
Meet our Links Missionaries
What is LINKS?
LINKS (Loving Interested Nazarenes Knowing and Sharing) is a way for local churches to connect with a missionary and their field of service. LINKS missionaries are assigned to a church for a period of 2 years. One of the best ways to support our LINKS missionaries is through our prayers. Specific ways you can remember them is to pray for:
- Their spiritual life - that the Lord will grace them with the ability and desire to grow in Christ-likeness
- Their health - that the Lord will keep them strong in body, mind and spirit
- Their culture - that the Lord will help them master the language and make adjustments necessary to the cultural changes they face
- Their relationships - that the Lord will empower them to love and experience unity with each other, their neighbors and co-workers...and other missionaries, too.
- Their ministry - that the Lord will equip them for their specific ministry assignments
- Spiritual warfare - for victory over the enemy.
LuVerne and Rachel Ward and their four boys live in Johannesburg, South Africa. LuVerne works at the Regional Offices as Communications Strategy Coordinator. Rachel takes care of their boys and develops materials for Rendezvous, an equipping bi-annual event for current MK's on the Africa Region. For more information about the family and their many adventures check them out on Facebook here.